Rocketship Education (www.rsed.org) is a network of public K through 5 charter schools serving primarily low-income students in neighborhoods where access to excellent schools is limited. Using a blend of traditional instruction, adaptive technology and targeted tutoring, Rocketship strives to meet the unique needs of each and every student. But we believe that truly transformative schools do more than educate students; they empower teachers, engage parents and inspire communities. Together, we can eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime.
Rocketship is based in San Jose, but we realize the achievement gap stretches across the nation. We're opening new schools every year to help reach the millions of students striving in underperforming schools every day.
Rocketship is hiring for the position of Front Office Assistant for a Rocketship school opening in Milwaukee, WI and will work under the direction of Office Manager. The Front Office Assistant is the first point of contact for parents and students when they come to school, as well as a resource to the school community. The Front Office Assistant should always exhibit professionalism, treat people with respect, and be firm but compassionate in how they address the day-to-day challenges of a rigorous and purposeful school. The Front Office Assistant will work closely with the Business Operations Manager (BOM) to ensure that all school operations responsibilities are completed.
Enrollment, Student Information, and Attendance
- Build strong working relationships with parents, families and staff
- Maintain complete and current student cumulative files
- Manage the Attendance process including contacting absent parents on a daily basis
- Administer Independent Study process for students with planned absences
- Collect doctor’s notes and excused absence notes from parents for absentee documentation
- Work with current parents to solve problems and prevent student attrition
Health, Safety and Discipline
- Maintain emergency medical and contact information for all students
- Maintain complete and current immunization records for all students
- Administer basic first aid, distribute medication, maintain injury reports
- Be knowledgeable of all content in school safety binder, including emergency procedures
- Report all injuries and other school incidents to Human Resources
- Supervise students sent to the office for discipline and health reasons
- Perform general clerical duties including answering phones, taking and distributing messages, sorting mail, translate documents from English to Spanish and prepare general correspondence
- Provide support to the Principal and teachers as necessary
- Use automated telephone system to send out school information as necessary
- Act as an interpreter, when necessary, in whole-school functions and smaller meetings
- Collect lunch, uniform sales money from parents and provide receipts for payments
- Spanish/English bilingual fluency required, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and cultural competence of the local student and parent community
- Highly developed interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects
- Comfort in a start-up environment and ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to use a variety of software programs and quickly learn new ones
- Managerial skills preferred
How to Apply
To apply, please visit http://www.rsed.org/applynow_operationalsupport.cfm
Rocketship Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Education complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Education expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Education’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.