Please contact the OCDE (Orange County Department of Education) directly at (714) 966-4306 for information regarding permit and clearinghouse.
Applications will only be reviewed if we are actively hiring substitutes and if all of the supplemental paperwork has been received from the applicant. DO NOT call and verify that your application packet has been received or processed since this process could take up to a month or more if we are not hiring. When we begin to hire substitutes, a review of the above documents will be made along with the application. If you are being considered for the substitute list, you will be notified by e-mail to attend an orientation.
- Copy of Transcript (all college transcripts - unofficial copies ARE acceptable)
- Credential Copy
- Fingerprint Clearance (OCDE Clearing House Fingerprint Clearance ONLY. Certificate of Clearance not accepted.)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (3 letters within the last 12 months) OR Letter(s) of Reference (3 letters within the last 12 months)
- TB Screening Result (must be within the last 4 years)
- Test Results/Materials (CBEST)