Job Title: School Office Assistant
Reports To: Executive Director or Designee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of difficult and responsible secretarial and clerical tasks, including written or composed correspondence; answers phones and does related work as required, for the Executive Director and the school office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs a wide variety of responsible clerical and secretarial support duties.
- Type from straight copy or rough draft, letters, reports, bulletins, and memoranda, including material of a confidential nature.
- Maintains files, including files of confidential material.
- Creates flyers and visuals.
- Collects data from office records for use by Executive Director; check reports, records and other data for accuracy.
- Serves as an information liaison between other employees, school districts and the general public.
- Operates a variety of office machines.
- Orders office supplies as needed.
- Arranges meetings as directed.
- Preforms various administrative projects for school as needed.
- Attendance review and approval
- Provide authorization codes for attendance
- Run reports to clear attendance anomalies
- Keep an ongoing daily schedule of classes, teacher appointments and events.
- Assists with new student enrollment procedures.
- Oversight of intake appointments and meetings.
This job has no coordinator responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Spanish speaking and writing is highly desirable.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, Database software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, plus webpage applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee must have available transportation and be able to drive up to 200 miles in a day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.