Position Title: Classified Part-Time CalSERVES After School Classroom Leader
Position Term: August 2018 – June 2019
Reports to: Program Manager and Site Supervisor
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about making a positive impact on the Santa Rosa community through after school enrichment programming. At each of the six COOL School elementary school locations, Classroom Leaders will work alongside a team comprised of: COOL School staff, AmeriCorps service members, Teacher Liaisons and volunteers.
Under the direction of the COOL School Site Supervisor, Classroom Leader will facilitate one classroom of twenty (20) students. It is the responsibility of the Classroom Leader to independently plan, organize, and perform a wide variety of specialized duties in the implementation of the COOL School Program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• At least one (1) year of experience in youth programming
• Encourages youth voice in the development of program activities, with emphasis on inclusion and academic achievement for a multicultural and diverse population.
• Classroom and behavior management skills; group facilitation.
• Knowledge of parent/student needs and issues.
• Commitment to professional growth and eagerness to learn.
• Obtain Fingerprint and TB Clearance
• Obtain CPR/First Aid Certification
• Be able to work well and collaboratively with a diverse community
• Be able to work well as a member of a team
• Be dependable and responsible
• Be able to determine and maintain confidential information
• Be able to maintain a harmonious working relationship with parents, students, school staff, volunteers and community members/organizations.
• Be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Be able to plan and organize multiple project tasks
• Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
• Must complete NCOE’s Instructional Aide Exam
Requirements Prior to the Start of Employment
• Criminal fingerprinting background checks through the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
• National Sex Offender Registry check
• TB Test with Negative results within the last 60 days with the exception of test results transferred from another school district, which may then be within the last four (4) years.