Teacher provides an educational program for pupils in departmentalized/team setting and assists in other school programs as assigned.
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO:
Site Administrator or Designee.
Any assigned Classified Staff.
- Teaches the assigned subject areas adopted by the Board of Trustees. In a departmentalized or team teaching situation, teaches one or any combination of these subjects, as assigned by the principal.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship, basic communication skills and other general elements of the course of study specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district
- Provides planned learning experiences in order to motivate pupils and best utilize the available time for instructions.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instructions.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Cooperates in establishing standards of expected student progress and skills with techniques for their assessment.
- Evaluates pupil’s academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, prepares progress reports, and communicates with parents on the individual pupil’s progress.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude and learning problems.
- Creates and maintains a functional and attractive room environment for learning.
- Works to improve pupil positive self-image by creating a learning atmosphere that reflects a positive, accepting and understanding approach favorable to learning and personal growth.
- Maintains professional competence through participation in in-service education activities provided by the district or other district approved professional growth activities.
- Performs basic attendance accounting as requires.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work-day.
- Administers group-standardized tests in accordance with district testing program.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs within the school assignment and/or on a district level.
- Participates in district and faculty committees and shares in the sponsorship of student activities.
- Plans and coordinates the work of paraprofessionals as assigned.
- Completes school and/or district level reports, surveys, etc. upon request
- Participates in district sponsored school activities and events including but not limited to Back to School Night, Open House, Science Night, Literacy Night events, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An appropriate California Teaching Credential.
Physical Science Authorization
- Demonstrated success with pupil, parent and staff relations.
- Previous successful experience in teaching at the middle grade levels.