Rocketship Education is reinventing elementary school from the ground up. We are building a national network of high-performing schools serving students from low income communities in the Bay Area, Milwaukee, Nashville, and Washington D.C. We serve 7,000 primarily low income students (87% of Rocketeers are socioeconomically disadvantaged) from Pre-K to 5th grade. Our teachers, school leaders, and network support staff are united in our mission to eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime.
Support staff members will work under the direction and supervision of the school site Business Operations Manager. This position is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day operations of lunch, recess, and arrival/dismissal at the school site run safely and smoothly. Furthermore, support staff members are also responsible for ensuring that students maintain culturally appropriate behavior in all operational activities.
- Arrange setup and clean up for food items, supplies, equipment, and food preparation and serving areas
- Maintain cafeteria records and reports as required for the purpose of meeting local, state, and federal guidelines
- Supervise and monitor students during assigned recess and lunch periods
- Implement all site playground rules and safety regulations
- Report any unsafe playground conditions, including equipment, to administrators immediately
- Ensure a safe and effective arrival/dismissal for all students before and after school hours
- Utilize appropriate disciplinary procedures and techniques in accordance with the school site discipline plan
- Attend staff meetings and in-service trainings as deemed necessary for the position
- Commitment to Rocketship’s mission, vision, and goals
- Passion for working with children
- Previous experience managing and/or teaching groups of elementary-age students is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to engage and work closely with a wide range of staff members
- Ability to learn laws, rules, practices and procedures related to public education and specific to Rocketship Education
- Basic fluency in English
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
How to Apply
To apply, please visit http://www.rsed.org/applynow_operationalsupport.cfm.
Rocketship Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Education complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Education expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Education's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.