Education: Graduation from high school; including or supplemented by courses in typing and office procedures.
Experience: Two years of responsible clerical/secretarial experience. Additional experience or college level training desirable.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required: Knowledge of English, grammar, spelling, filing and arithmetic; modern office methods, procedures, terms and equipment. Good vocabulary. Familiarity with school organization and objectives. Ability to read, understand and explain technical school policies and material; operate standard office equipment; follow oral and written directions; establish and maintain effective relationships with students, other District employees, other professional agencies and the public; understand and implement school or program policies. Ability to utilize a variety of computer application programs including word processing, databases, e-mail, internet, and spreadsheets. Willingness to work productively under pressure and interruptions. Typing: 50 wpm; Shorthand: desirable.
Current (within one year) typing certificate showing a minimum typing speed of 50 WPM required at the time application is submitted, unless previously passed with District. Please call for clarification.
Typing Certificates obtained on-line will not be accepted
• • Takes and transcribes dictation of average difficulty.
• Acts as secretary and aide to professional supervisors.
• Prepares correspondence, memos, reports, handbooks, bulletins, cards and forms.
• Schedules appointments.
• Screens visitors and telephone calls.
• Answers inquiries and provides information to students, parents and other District personnel.
• Compiles and maintains basic records and files.
• Maintains files, lists, bulletin boards and catalogs.
• Maintains student transcripts and records.
• Operates standard office equipment.
• Maintains records for Student Body activities.
• Receives and receipts for monies.
• Posts receipts to proper ledgers.
• Checks and balances all records and prepares reports.
• Prepares pre-payment check requests and balances bank statements.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.