Notice of Importance....
ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCY
- - - - LENNOX SCHOOL DISTRICT - - - -
10319 FIRMONA AVENUE/LENNOX, CALIFORNIA
LENNOX ENRICHMENT AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
POSITION: After School Program Enrichment Leader (5 Positions)
REPORTS TO: After School Program Site Coordinator
EVALUATED BY: Director of After School Program and Site Coordinator
WORK YEAR: 180 days/3.0 – 3.5 hr/day (contingent upon availability of funds)
SALARY RANGE: $14.06 (Non-benefited position)
The Lennox Enrichment After School Program offers students a safe, positive, and nurturing after school learning environment. Children in grades Kindergarten through 8th grade participate in a variety of structured academic enrichment, recreation, and visual and performing arts programs. The program operates every regular school day, immediately when the regular school day ends until 6:00 p.m.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The LMS After School Enrichment Leader will develop and deliver quality and engaging activities to groups of students in the after school program and serve as a positive and nurturing role model.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates as part of a team with the site coordinator and other program providers to design and implement program offerings.
- Responsible for designing, planning, and delivering academic enrichment, recreation, and/or visual and performing arts activities.
- Responsible for general supervision and ensures the safety of all students during snack time, homework, recreation, and all transition periods from program start until dismissal.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with teachers, other site staff, and community partners.
- Works effectively with parents and volunteers.
- Actively participates in all required staff development workshops, trainings and/or conferences that include Saturday planning days, as mandated by the Lennox Enrichment After School Program, school site, and/or district.
- Establishes and maintains a positive learning environment.
- Consistently enforces the rules of the Lennox Enrichment After School Program, the school site, and the district.
- Ensures classroom and other school space utilized during the program is clean and orderly.
- Records and maintains daily attendance records required program documentation.
- Able to work with children and develop and implement programs to help them improve their academic and social skills
- Serve as a positive adult role model for children in the program through appropriate dress, speech, and attitude.
- Create and maintain an engaging environment that promotes youth development.
- Supports administrative services as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, or recently graduated from high school
- High school diploma or GED required
- Have a passing score of 80% on the district academic proficiency test
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or legal U.S. residency (INS form I551)
- Able to work with diverse ethnic, gender, age, and cultural groups
- Interest and commitment to community service and education
- Candidate must pass TB test and Live Scan fingerprinting
- Available to work Monday through Friday from 2:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Motivated to work in a team setting
HIGH DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 1-year experience working with a group of 10 or more students in a classroom, after school, or recreational environment
- Bilingual preferred
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Advanced Math and English Skills
- Special skills in the visual and performing arts or technical fields we are looking for staff with demonstrable ability in the following areas: robotics, photography and videography, youth leadership, DJ and sound mixing, Science-Technology-Engineering-Math (STEM), Drum Line, Track, Volleyball, Soccer (Girls) Culinary Arts, Fashion and Cosmetology, Folklorico
- Completed Application (apply on Edjoin.org)
- Letter of Intent (In your letter of intent answer the question: Why are you an asset to the afterschool program?)
- Submit a copy of high school diploma
- Upload proof of completion of Mandated Report Training. Online training go to: www.educators.mandatedreporterca.com
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 8:30 a.m.
LENNOX SCHOOL DISTRICT NONDISCRIMINATION STATEMENT
The Lennox School District is committed to ensuring equal, fair, and meaningful access to employment and education services. The Lennox School District does not discriminate in any employment practice, education program, or educational activity on the basis and/or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics of age, ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy and related conditions, race, religion, retaliation, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, Vietnam Era Veterans’ status, or any other basis prohibited by California state and federal nondiscrimination laws respectively. Not all bases of discrimination will apply to both education services and employment. The Offices of Instructional Services and Personnel are charged with overseeing, leading, and directing the District’s efforts to meet the legal obligations set forth in state and federal civil rights laws, and regulations in District employment and delivery of education services. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination and civil rights should be directed to Ms. Becki Blanco, Senior Director of Instructional Services (310-695-4039), and Dr. Hiacynth Martinez, Senior Director of Personnel (310-695-4003).
Equal Opportunity Employment