JOB TITLE: Administrative Secretary I
Job Purpose Statement/s: The job of "Administrative Secretary I" is done for the purpose/s of providing administrative and technical support to assigned administrative personnel of a specific program; communicating information to staff, the public, and other districts; orienting assigned personnel to their job requirements; ensuring compliance with administrative requirements; and providing information and/or direction as may be requested.
Essential Job Functions:
* Composes documents (e.g. correspondence, agendas, minutes, bulletins, reports, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to school and district personnel, the public, state officials, etc.
* Evaluates situations (i.e. involving other staff, students, parents, the public, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or referring the situation to other appropriate personnel for resolution.
* Monitors assigned activities and program components (e.g. education code, district requirements, program budgets, critical timelines, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with financial, legal and administrative requirements.
* Oversees the department workload for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the workforce and meeting timelines and other operational requirements.
* Prepares written materials (e.g. brochures, newsletters, information packets, advertisements) for the purpose of conveying information regarding school and district activities and procedures.
* Processes documents and materials (e.g. schedules, agendas, mail, instructional materials, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
* Responds to inquiries of staff, the public, parents and students for the purpose of providing information and direction as may be required.
* Supports assigned administrative personnel for the purpose of providing assistance with their administrative functions.
* Maintains various confidential records, schedules, files, rosters, etc. for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying information.
Other Job Functions:
* Participates in various activities (e.g. meetings, training, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and conveying information.
Essential Job Requirements - Qualifications:
* Experience Required:
Prior job related experience required. At least three years of increasing level of responsibility preferred.
* Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
Skill to operate standard office equipment including use of basic computer applications, type with speed and accuracy with a net corrected speed of 60 words per minute preferred; take notes and transcribe accurately; communicate effectively, establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students, and the community; use English in both written and verbal form, use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Knowledge of rules and regulations related to assigned functions, basic budgeting, financial and statistical recordkeeping, standard office equipment.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods, work independently, understand and carry out oral and written instructions, make common sense decisions in routine and critical situations. Significant physical abilities include reaching/handling/fingering, talking/hearing conversations, near visual acuity/visual accommodation.
* Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required:
Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance, Health Physical Clearance, Tuberculosis Testing/Clearance