Our faculty of effective & passionate educators make an extraordinary difference in the lives of urban students! Leadership Public Schools' mission is to prepare students to succeed in college and to develop effective student leaders.
The LPS approach - innovation, constant assessment, academic rigor, and commitment to providing individualized learning pathways - is transforming the lives of our students. Our commitment is to take underprepared students, many who will be first generation college students, and provide a clear realistic path to college. The LPS Network is built around collaborative innovation and distributed incubation. Collaborative innovation uses technology to improve a common spine of curriculum, assessment, data and access/remediation for core high school courses. Distributed incubation of new practices depends on need, interest and teacher talent. Teacher excitement is integral to accelerating success. LPS Richmond and LPS Hayward were awarded The Effective Practice Incentive Community (EPIC) prize and LPS Hayward received Intel Schools of Distinction award.
We are now hiring exceptional high school Teachers for the 2014-15 school year at LPS campuses.
LPS expects all teachers to have a strong background in their subject area, success working with diverse students, and thrive in a student-centered classroom using data to improve instruction. Our talented staff are committed to continuing their own learning and refining their practice ensuring a quality education for all. We offer weekly collaboration, up to 13 professional development days and opportunities to reform urban education.
LPS is seeking successful Teachers with:
- Three years experience at high school level in an urban environment
- Strong willingness to collaborate with teachers to refine and further strengthen the curriculum base
- Strength in literacy instruction: scaffolding and supporting students at a variety of literacy levels to insure content mastery
- Academic expertise and enthusiasm for subject area
- Record of effective teaching and high achievement in the classroom
- Responsibility for student achievement
- Experience using assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instruction
- Experience working in a team setting
- A passion for teaching that provides vital energy to improve the minds and lives of students
- Evidence of professional reflection and collaborative work
- Experience in urban schools
- Experience teaching with varied instructional strategies
- Appropriate CA teaching credential with EL authorization
- A commitment to both excellence and equity
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt easily
- Willingness to contribute to student activities, instructional office hours, and school committees
- Comfortable with a charter environment including flexible roles
LPS strives to make our schools a rewarding place to work, teach, and learn by actively fostering a professional learning community for staff, students and families that exemplify our values of commitment, respect, responsibility, valuing our students and employees and harnessing the power of our network to create a larger learning community. We operate four schools in Richmond, Oakland, Hayward, and San Jose, CA. We invite you to visit our website at http://www.leadps.org with links to each school’s website. You will be impressed and motivated. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff.
If you are interested in teaching or one of our other job openings, please send a resume and compelling letter of introduction to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Teacher Talent, Leadership Public Schools, 344 Thomas L Berkley Way #340, Oakland, CA 94612 Fax: 510-225-2550