REQUIRED MINIMUM TRAINING, EDUCATION AND LICENSING: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; a valid California Education Specialist Instruction credential authorizing (Mild/Moderate and/or Moderate/Severe) or Specialist Instruction (Learning Handicapped and/or Severely Handicapped) credential; and/or a Resource Specialist Certificate.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Demonstrated knowledge in identification of students in need of special education; a variety of assessment instruments; secondary curriculum, including vocational education; ability to design, coordinate, implement, and supervise the special education programs; communicate well orally and in writing, and works effectively with a wide variety of groups and people.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FORWARD COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKETS WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please only attach the following materials to your application:
- Cover letter (signed)
- Professional resume
- Three (3) signed letters of recent recommendation
- Photocopies of official transcripts. Copies of evaluated transcripts are required for candidates who have attended colleges/universities outside of the United States (officials must be provided upon hire)
- Photocopies of credential(s) or copy of temporary county certificate (TCC)
- Photocopies of applicable score reports, such as CBEST and CSET.
While it is preferred that required documents are attached to your application, if you are unable to do so, please forward (by mail or fax) to:
Santa Clara County Office of Education
1290 Ridder Park Drive, MC 264
San Jose, CA 95131
Attention: Philip J. Gordillo
Fax: (408) 453-4384
When sending materials by email or fax, please reference 'Resource Specialist - Charter Schools'.
- Copy of Transcript (Need to verify/confirm Bachelor's degree)
- Letter of Introduction
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (Three (3) signed letters of recent recommendation)
- TC3P- Specialist Instruction Permit in Special Education - LH - Learning Handicapped OR TC3S- Education Specialist Instruction Credential - MM - Mild/Moderate Disabilities