JOB TITLE: Campus Supervisor
Job Purpose Statement/s: The job of " Campus Supervisor" is done for the purpose/s of identifying potential problems regarding welfare, safety and security of students, personnel, visitors and/or site; maintaining safety at school site by enforcing disciplinary policies and regulations; and communicating information in responding to inquiries.
Essential Job Functions:
* Detains individuals suspected of engaging in illegal activities for the purpose of holding for site administrators and/or law enforcement personnel.
* Supervises pedestrian and vehicular traffic for the purpose of ensuring student and personnel safety.
* Informs students, parents and staff as appropriate for the purpose of ensuring their understanding of laws, enforcement procedures and consequences of their actions.
* Interacts with other agencies (e.g. law enforcement, community professionals, etc.) for the purpose of communicating and/or receiving information regarding situations that may affect safety within the school environment.
* Investigates potential campus crimes and/or student related community incidents for the purpose of resolving conflicts and/or pursuing further action.
* Patrols school activities and facilities (pep rallies, lunch breaks, school parking areas, bus areas, etc.) for the purpose of providing authoritative visibility within the school setting to students and the general public, ensuring the safety of students, maintaining security and deterring crime.
* Prepares documentation for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
* Responds to potential emergencies (e.g. fights, accidents, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safety of students, personnel and property.
Other Job Functions:
* Oversees the workload of others for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the workforce and meeting operational requirements.
* Participates in various activities (e.g. meetings, training, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and conveying information.
* Assists law enforcement personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
Essential Job Requirements - Qualifications:
* Experience Required:
Prior job related experience
* Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
Skills to appropriately intervene in emergency or potentially critical situations, diffuse potentially volatile situations, use English in both written and verbal form, communicate effectively with students and the general public.
Knowledge of policies and practices of district with regard to discipline.
Abilities to walk for prolonged periods, understand and carry out oral and written instructions, maintain firm but courteous attitude toward individuals, maintain written records. Significant physical abilities include talking/hearing conversations, near/far visual acuity/depth perception/visual accommodation/field of vision.
* Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required:
Valid Driver's License and evidence of insurability, Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance