JOB TITLE: Child Nutrition Services Assistant
Job Purpose Statement/s: The job of “Child Nutrition Service Assistant” is done for the purpose/s of assisting in the preparation, cooking, baking, distribution and service of food to customers in a professional and courteous manner; to verify quantities of stock items and food served; maintaining facilities in a safe and sanitary condition.
Essential Job Functions:
* Cleans equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining sanitary conditions.
* Prepares food for the purpose of providing nutrition.
* Operates food service equipment for the purpose of preparing meals.
* Arranges food for serving for the purpose of providing food.
* Counts food and supplies for the purpose of meeting projected meal requirements and minimizing waste.
* Inspects food and supplies for the purpose of determining correct specifications, quantity and quality.
* Stocks food and supplies for the purpose of maintaining adequate quantities and security of items.
* Prepares food and supplies for transport to other sites for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional requirements and projected meal requirements at other school sites.
* Maintains facilities for the purpose of ensuring safe and sanitary conditions.
* Prepares documentation for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
* Interacts with students and other customers for the purpose of serving in a professional and courteous manner.
Other Job Functions:
* Participates in various activities (e.g. meetings, training, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying information.
Job Requirements - Qualifications:
* Experience Required: Training and experience, none. Prior job related experience in food preparation preferred.
* Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
Skill to prepare, cook and bake in large quantities; communicate effectively, establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, students, parents and school administrators.
Knowledge of the operation and care of food service equipment.
Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions; perform basic mathematical calculations, work independently, make common sense decisions in routine and critical situations; work rapidly with frequent interruptions in a noisy and hectic environment with specified time limits; Physical abilities include reaching/handling, lifting/pulling/pushing, and standing for long periods of time, talking/hearing conversations, and other sounds, near/far visual acuity/depth perception/visual accommodation/field of vision.
* Licenses, Certification, Bonding, and/or Testing Required:
Valid Driver’s License, DMV (H-6) Printout, Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance, Health Physical Examination, Tuberculosis Testing/Clearance, San Diego County Food Handlers Card.