ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provides instructional assistance and reinforcement to individuals or groups of students and/or teachers using computers, printers, software and related equipment in a computer lab or classrooms.
• Assists in planning and designing computer instructional strategies to meet curriculum standards.
• Maintains computer equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
• Assures the security of the computer lab(s) as well as the integrity of network systems and Internet connections.
• Troubleshoots hardware and software problems both in the computer lab and classroom; installs software as necessary.
• Starts computers, loads appropriate subject and grade level programs, and prepares software and instructional materials for lab use daily.
• Performs minor repairs in classroom and lab computers, peripheral equipment, school-wide networks and Internet connections.
• Maintains application manuals and site licenses.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Supports implementation and maintenance of site/district website and databases.
• Maintains a variety of records on students and activities in the computer lab(s).
• Conducts timely inventory of computers, peripheral equipment and software applications in lab and classrooms.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS - QUALIFICATIONS:
• Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Experience: One year of experience working with computers in an educational environment. College level training in computer programs, networking, repair, and maintenance highly desirable.
• Knowledge of: Basic hardware and software configuration, troubleshooting techniques, as well as, basic computer operations; lab procedures and appropriate student conduct; safe practices in computer lab activities; basic record-keeping and instructional techniques; and interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
• Ability to: Coordinate and schedule the use of the computer lab(s); respond to questions and assist students, teachers, and staff as needed with software programs and equipment in a timely manner; in conjunction with teachers, select programs and materials appropriate for subject and grade level; communicate effectively with students and adults, establishing effective working relationships with both; read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies, and procedures; observe and control student behavior according to approved policies and procedures.