• Valid appropriate California teaching credential OR compliance with Glendora Unified School District Board Policy 4127 (see reverse of page).
• All non-certificated applicants must posses an ASCC certificate or have clearance through both Department of Justice (DOJ) and FBI fingerprints to determine that they have not been convicted of offences cited in Education Code Section 44010, 44011, 44424 and in compliance with AB 1025 and 346 or any offence involving moral turpitude or evidencing unfitness to associate with children.
• Knowledge of rules and regulations of sport.
• Demonstrated knowledge of sport through active participation or prior coaching experience.
• Ability to meet with team each weekday during season of sport.
• Knowledge of: care and prevention of sports injuries; basic sports injury first aid; coaching techniques; child or adolescent psychology.
• Applicant should be thoroughly familiar with CIF regulations as they apply to the athletic program as a whole.
• Experience as a high school track coach and past work with a high school track boosters program is preferred.
• Valid cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and first aid cards. Completion of a Concussion in Sports course.
• Current medical certificate certifying freedom from active tuberculosis.
• All non-certificated coaches are subject to a criminal records check to determine that they have not been convicted of offenses cited in Education Code Section 44010, 44011, 44424 or any offense involving moral turpitude or evidencing unfitness to associate with children.
Present employees of the District need only submit a letter of intent to apply for this position
Applicants from outside the District must complete a Coaching Application