DEFINITION: The Network Supervisor will oversee the administration of the California Nutrition Network (CNN) contract and coordinate, align and network with school and community based organizations that conduct garden and nutrition programs in the Berkeley Public Schools. The Network Supervisor shall report to the BUSD Manager of School Linked Programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Manage the California Nutrition Network budget, and assure compliance with California Nutrition Network contract.
- Coordinate the many diverse projects and organizations centered on Gardens, Nutrition and Health.
- Convene the CNN partners, facilitate and encourage on-going coordination of planning, implementation and evaluation of school based programs from the traditional day to afterschool programs.
- Work with teachers, classified staff, administrators and the community-based partners such as the Center for Ecoliteracy and UC Botanical Gardens, to assist the development of a district-wide integration of K-12 garden, nutrition, and health curricula.
- ·Work with school site administrators, teachers, and afterschool coordinators to establish, or revise, policies and programs, as needed.
- Facilitate and maintain effective communication between school district departments, contracted agencies and community-based partners.
- Maintain effective communications with BUSD Child Nutrition Advisory Committee.
- Coordinate with partners on the USDA funded Berkeley Community Food Security Project (Food Systems Project). the Edible School Yard. the Willard Greening Project and other school-based garden-based nutrition education and physical activity initiatives in the District.
- Plan and coordinate events.
- Provide support for a program of in-service training and professional development.
- The position will include the supervision of personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The ability to organize diverse individuals and organizations and work well in teams.
- Facilitation and Coordination
- Public Relations and Communications
- Contract Assurance and Budget Management
- Grant writing
- Event Production
SKILLS AND ABILITIES TO:
- Experience with gardens, food, and health programs desired
- Written and Oral Communication Abilities
- Computer skills
- Experience in program management and coordination
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Arts degree from an accredited college or university; valid license from the State of California.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid California Driver's License and ability to maintain insurability in adherence to District's policy Employment eligibility that may include fingerprints, tuberculosis and/or other employment clearance
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Require vision (which may be corrected) to read small print. Is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, including close proximity to growing plants. Perform lifting, pushing and/or pulling which does not exceed 50 pounds and is an infrequent aspect of the job. Ability to perform gardening functions including digging, weeding, wheelbarrow pushing. May be required to work at a video display terminal for prolonged periods. Manual dexterity sufficient to write, use telephone, business machines and make adaptations to equipment and operate specialized equipment. Hearing sufficient to conduct in person and telephone conversations. Physical agility to push/pull, squat, twist, turn, bend, stoop, to reach overhead, climb, run, hop, jump, balance and kneel. May be required to attend periodic evening or weekend meetings and/or travel within and out of district boundaries to attend meetings.