• Valid California teaching credential authorizing resource and/or special day class services for students with mild/moderate disabilities.
• Currently hold or qualify for CLAD or BCLAD certificate. NCLB Compliant.
NECESSARY MATERIALS FOR APPLICATION:
• Present certificated employees of the District need only submit a letter of intent OR District transfer request to apply for this position.
• Applicants from outside the District must complete a teacher application form online at www.edjoin.org. Please include a letter of introduction, resume, and three current (within one year) letters of recommendation or you may also obtain an application in the district office personnel department located at 500 N. Loraine Ave., Glendora CA 91741.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
To provide an educational program for students with special needs who exhibit a discrepancy
between the intellectual ability and achievement in one or more academic areas due to a disorder in the basic psychological processes.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The teacher shall provide and maintain an appropriate educational program including: modification of behavior, training in appropriate social interaction, receptive and expressive language programs, the teaching of mathematics and other academic subjects; utilizes appropriate instructional materials; maintain classroom control which is conducive to learning; provides an appropriate physical and psychological environment to establish and reinforce acceptable pupil behavior, attitudes, social skills and self image; establishes standards of expected pupil achievement; identifies pupil needs and works with other professional staff members to assess pupil health, attitude and learning deficits; monitors pupils' progress toward standards of expected pupil achievement.
- Credential Copy (Credential Copy)
- Letter of Introduction
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Test Results/Materials (CSET/PRAXIS/SSAT/CTEL/MSAT)