Under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent of Learning Support Services, is responsible for coordination of K-8 curriculum development, assessment, and staff development in assigned areas. The Coordinator of Learning Support Services is also responsible to assist with categorical and special programs.
• Valid Elementary or Secondary Teaching Credential
• Valid Administrative Credential.
• Five or more years of successful classroom experience.
• Three or more years of administrative and management experience and/or experience in curriculum, instruction and staff development.
• Valid California Driver’s License.
• Three or more years of experience as a site administrator.
• Knowledge of California Education Code related to assigned areas.
• Knowledge of curriculum planning and development
• Knowledge of teaching techniques and methods appropriate to the delivery of the core curriculum to all students.
• Knowledge of effective instructional materials and learning strategies
• Knowledge of effective management techniques regarding planning, budgeting, and program implementation related to curriculum, instruction, and staff development.
• Knowledge and experience with categorical programs, special projects, and grants
• Knowledge of program assessment, design and evaluation procedures.
• Bilingual in English and one or more of the following languages: Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese.