San Jose Unified School District is the largest district in Silicon Valley.
Our approximately 50 school sites from urban to suburban settings, each offering employees different educational perspectives, benefits, and rewarding challenges for growth.
SJUSD is actively addressing the needs of our entire community through our Opportunity 21 strategic plan.
We are committed to hiring and developing the most effective and “best fit” employees for each of our diverse schools, communities, and unique populations of students.
Our building-level staffs are the core of our district, and we will invest in you as an employee who can provide innovative instructional leadership and genuine connections to our neighborhoods.
We encourage you to visit our school web sites and to learn about the dynamic of each learning community
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLYING: Materials (attach PDF copies)
Please complete and provide evidence of each step below. Incomplete applications will not be accepted/reviewed.
1. Letter of introduction outlining desire and qualifications for this position
2. Resume and a list of extra-curricular activities or relatable experiences/skills you possess that will help you contribute to the complete school community
3. Transcripts of your undergraduate degree (please include any graduate degrees if applicable)
4. Two Letters of reference(within the last 12 months and both must be from supervisors)
5. Pupil Personnel Services Credential in School Social Work required
6. Bi-lingual (Spanish or other) preferred (Native speaker highly desirable)
7. Candidate Professional Response Prompts (complete each of the situational prompts below to provide reviewers a view of who you are.
- Copy of Transcript (Transcript must show Credential earned.)
- Credential Copy (Copy of current valid California Credential must be attached to qualify)
- Letter(s) of Reference ((Must be from within the past 12 months and from supervisors))
- Resume (Updated and current)