The Family Support Specialist will support early education schools in strengthening and developing family partnerships and promoting healthy lifestyle education. This includes fostering systems and structures to support staff and family communication; supporting staff and families in using identified screening tools, and ensuring that staff properly utilizes the Student Success Team process. The FSS is also responsible for conducting community outreach efforts to identify and develop relationships with community-based organizations that provide needed services to families in addition to supporting families through parent groups that are associated with Early Education Schools within the community.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social work or related field
• At least 3 years’ experience working with families in a community based head Start or family support/resource program.
• Experience providing case management and conducting parent workshops
• Experience working with children and families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, experience working with multidisciplinary teams.
• Knowledge and experience with computers, including: word processing, data bases, and internet.
The positions include medical benefits.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Meenoo Yashar at 750-8628.