Job Description / Essential Elements:
Palm Springs Unified School District
A.R. # 4232.391
The Registrar completes student enrollment and course creditation from other institutions; maintains accurate student records; provides a variety of reports and reference materials; and ensures compliance with district, state and federal guidelines.
• Compiles student records (e.g. birth certificates, transfers, immunization, credits, student grades, etc.).
• Maintains a variety of student records and files (manual and computer) (e.g. report cards, grad checks, failure letters, correspondence, permanent cumulative records, scholarship, etc.).
• Communicates with a variety of individuals and/or agencies (e.g. other schools/districts, colleges, employers, students, staff, parents, military, etc.) and provides information on transcripts and a variety of enrollment and graduation issues.
• Prepares a variety of reports and written materials (e.g. state reports, class rankings, grade checks, memos, letters, etc.) and conveys information and meeting state, federal and/or district requirements.
• Processes a variety of documents and materials (e.g. transcripts and transcript requests, teacher record books, enrollment/withdrawals, student data, credits from other institutions, etc.) and disseminates information to appropriate parties.
• Performs enrollment and withdrawal activities (e.g. sets up permanent cumulative records, requests transcripts from other schools, interpreting transcripts, updating automated student information system, etc.) and ensures compliance with financial, legal, state or federal requirements.
• Monitors assigned district activities and/or program components (e.g. class ranking, permanent record tracking and storage, report card issuance, etc.) and ensures compliance with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
• Reviews established guidelines in evaluating incoming student transcripts and ensures their conformance with district grading, curriculum and course credit systems.
• Assists other personnel as may be required.
• Maintains inventory of office supplies.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Any combination of experience and training which would indicate possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above. An example of an acceptable combination is:
Equivalent to high school graduation and extensive, responsible office experience involving technical procedures, volume records, and statistical or fiscal record-keeping and reporting, with some experience in a school office related to records.
SKILLS to answer telephones and greet the public courteously; provide excellent customer service and promote a positive work environment; perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy; operate a variety of office equipment including a computer and applicable software; prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under various time constraints; perform clerical duties such as filing, word processing, duplicating and maintaining routine records with accuracy.
KNOWLEDGE of the operation of office machines including computer equipment and specified software; modern office practices and procedures, alpha and numeric filing systems; basic record-keeping techniques; basic financial record-keeping techniques; correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
ABILITY to type at a speed of 45 words per minute from clear copy; learn and interpret rules, regulations, and instructions; understand and work within scope of authority; handle multiple projects with deadlines in an accurate manner; maintain confidentiality and use discretion; understand and follow oral and written directions; set priorities; establish and maintain effective working relationships; work as part of a team; understand and be sensitive to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of vendors, district personnel and administrators; maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 70% sitting, 20% walking, and 10% standing. The job is performed under a generally hazard free environment.
Education High School diploma or equivalent.
Required Testing Certificates
Job-Related Proficiency Examination Valid Driver’s License and Evidence of Insurability (desired)
Typing certificate providing proof of ability to type 45 WPM
Continuing Education/Training Clearances
None Specified Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between California Teamsters Public, Professional & Medical Employees Union, Local 911 General Employees Unit and Palm Springs Unified School District.
FLSA Status Bargaining Unit Salary Range BOE Approval Date
Non Exempt Teams 2 25 11/27/07