BASIC TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION
Provides an educational program for the students enrolled in the assigned class(es). Performs all preparation activities necessary, maintains an acceptable learning environment and performs all additional out-of-class duties as assigned.
Credential: General Elementary, Standard Elementary, General Secondary, Standard Secondary, Special Secondary, Multiple Subject, or Single Subject.
Education: Bachelor's degree, to meet credential requirements.
including all courses needed
Personal Qualities: Ability to meet district standards for physical and mental health. Better than average recommenda- tions from student teaching supervisors or other professionals who have observed the personal characteristics, scholastic attainment, and classroom performance of the teacher.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION
1. Always teaches to an objective.
2. Monitors the students and adjusts the teaching.
3. Uses the principles of learning (some of participation, motivation, anticipatory retention and reinforcement)
4. Provides instruction in the areas defined in the Course outline(s) and/or the district "Expected Standards of Student Progress II,
5. Provides planned activities to further the social development of the students.
6. Develops daily lesson plans.
7. Develops with students classroom rules and consistently fairly enforces those rules.
8. Provides individualized small group instruction as necessary in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the students.
9. Evaluates students' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, prepares progress reports (grades), and communicates with parents on individual student progress as needed.
10. Identifies student needs and cooperates with professional staff members in helping solve attitude, and learning problems.
11. Maintains professional competence through participation in various in-service educational activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
12. Performs basic attendance accounting and business services as required.
13. Participates cooperatively with the principal to mutually develop the goals by which the teacher will be evaluated in accordance to the contract evaluation article and district evaluation guidelines.
14. Creates with pupils a functional and appropriate environment for learning through displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
15. Supervises playground and other areas of duty as assignments may require.
16. Administers standardized tests.
17. Develops the curriculum to meet the needs of the individual students in each class.
18. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
19. Provides a classroom environment which stimulates interest in learning.
20. Instructs pupils in importance and significance of accuracy, neatness, efficiency, individual resourcefulness, and good work habits.
21. Maintains surveilance over school owned equipment, supplies, and materials in order to prevent loss or abuse. Makes minor adjustments and requests repairs to equipment as required.
22. Communicates with administrator(s) discuss individual student progress.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.