Job Description / Essential Elements:
· Administers first aid and medication to students under the direction of health professional as assigned for the purpose of meeting immediate health care needs.
· Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
· Attends meetings (e.g. staff, in-service, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
· Communicates with District and/or county employ7ees, central office administration, government agencies (e.g. court testimony, attendance inquires, dispatching drivers and/or emergency services, etc.) for the purpose of resolving problems and coordinating processes.
· Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. other department personnel, transcripts, health information, grades, payroll, honor roll, attendance, testing, enrollment information, etc.) for the purpose of processing student fees, sale of products, etc. in compliance with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
· Composes documents (e.g. standardized correspondence, agendas, reports, bulletins, newsletters, memos, phone messages, etc.) for the purpose of documenting events, providing and/or requesting information.
· Coordinates a variety of activities (e.g. meetings, site-in service day activities, workshops, field trips, charter services, travel arrangements, ceremonies, etc.) for the purpose of delivering services in conformance to established guidelines and/or ensuring efficient utilization of personnel, equipment and facilities.
· Distributes mail, supplies, messages, etc. for the purpose of disseminating materials to appropriate parties.
· Evaluates situations (e.g. involving other staff, students, parents, the public, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
· Monitors playground and cafeteria activities and school grounds as assigned for the purpose of ensuring a safe and positive learning environment.
· Performs record keeping (confidential and non-confidential) and general and program specific clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, etc.) for the purpose of supporting assigned administrator and/or site with necessary materials.
· Processes documents and materials (e.g. attendance, ridership counts, bus routes/assignments, payroll records, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties and/or ensuring compliance with established regulations.
· Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties (e.g. students, staff, teachers, parents, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
· Screens inquires of staff, students, parents, the public, etc. for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
· Supports assigned administrative personnel for the purpose of providing assistance with their administrative functions.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, non-technical tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: concepts of grammar and punctuation; and office methods and practices.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities and/or meetings; gather, collate and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of widely varied types and/or purposes; and utilize specific job-related equipment. In working with others, independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; interacting with children; and working with constant interruptions.