• Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education, Child & Family Studies, or closely related field, with a minimum of twenty four (24) credit hours in Early Childhood Education or Child Development (six (6) of these units must be Infant Toddler coursework). Teacher or Master Teacher Permit required within six (6) months of hire.
• Minimum of two (2) years of teaching experience in Head Start or Early Childhood Education required.
• Demonstrated experience in utilizing software, including but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, the Internet and database software such as ChildPlus.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience utilizing mentoring and coaching principles and reflective practices.
• Valid CPR, First Aid, and Food Handlers certifications must be obtained within the first two months (2) of employment and maintained throughout employment (paid, designated training available through MAAC). In the event employees do not attend the scheduled training, they must obtain the cards through outside resources and costs will not be reimbursed. The certifications must be obtained and maintained within prescribed timelines.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking, reading and writing highly desirable.
The Mentor Teacher supports the Agency developed School Readiness Framework and is assigned to work with site based teams to support them in effectively developing their classroom environment using curriculum and planning educational experiences. Under assigned supervision, the Mentor Teacher will model, consult and provide guidance and resources to the classroom staff and will build systems that provide staff with resources and support so they can succeed, develop strategies that reflect the Head Start (and other related child development programs) performance standards and outcomes that help staff provide rich learning experiences for the children and families served.