JOB TITLE: Typist Clerk III
Job Purpose Statement/s: The job of “Typist Clerk III” is done for the purpose/s of providing complex clerical support and assistance to assigned personnel; communicating information to staff and the public regarding various activities and responding to requests; and providing for timely and accurate distribution of materials.
Essential Job Functions:
* Answers telecommunications system for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and taking messages.
* Composes documents (e.g. correspondence, bulletins, reports, agendas, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to school and district personnel, the public, state officials, etc.
* Evaluates situations (i.e. involving other staff, students, parents, the public, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
* Maintains complex and confidential records; financial related information (e.g. enrollment, class size, attendance, overdue notices, etc.); schedules, files, rosters, etc. for the purpose of documenting and providing reliable information and/or coordinating available space.
* Maintains inventory of office supplies for the purpose of ensuring availability of required items.
* Processes documents and materials (e.g. mail, books, supplies) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
* Responds to inquiries of staff, the public, parents, and students for the purpose of providing information and direction as may be required.
Other Job Functions:
* Oversees work assignments of others (e.g. new employees, student worker, volunteers, etc.) for the purpose of providing orientation to their job assignments.
* Participates in various activities (e.g. meetings, training, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying information.
Essential Job Requirements - Qualifications:
* Experience Required:
Prior job related experience required.
* Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
Skill to operate standard office equipment including use of basic computer applications, type with speed and accuracy; use English in both written and verbal form, use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation; communicate effectively, establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, students, parents, the public, and administrators.
Knowledge of standard office procedures.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time; understand and carry out oral and written instructions; perform basic mathematical calculation; work independently, make common sense decisions in routine and critical situations; work efficiently under pressure with constant interruptions. Significant physical abilities include reaching/handling/fingering, talking/hearing conversations, near visual acuity/visual accommodation.
* Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required:
Typing Certificate, Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance, Health Physical Examination, Tuberculosis Testing/Clearance.