San Jose Unified School District is the largest school district in Silicon Valley. Our approximately 50 school sites range from urban to suburban settings, and each offers employees different educational perspectives, benefits, and rewarding challenges for growth.
SJUSD is actively addressing the needs of our entire community through our Opportunity 21 strategic plan. We are committed to hiring and developing the most effective and “best fit” employees for each of our diverse schools, communities, and unique populations of students. Our building-level staffs are the core of our district, and we will invest in you as an employee who can provide innovative instructional leadership and genuine connections to our neighborhoods. We encourage you to visit our school web sites and to learn about the dynamic of each learning community
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLYING: (attach PDF copies)
Please complete and provide evidence of each step below.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted/reviewed.
1. Letter of introduction outlining desire and qualifications for this position
2. Resume and a list of extra-curricular activities or relatable experiences/skills you possess that will help you contribute to the complete school community
3. Transcripts of your undergraduate degree (please include any graduate degrees if applicable) Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
4. Two Letters of reference (from supervisors on letterhead with original signatures)
6. Education Specialist Mild/Moderate or Moderate/Severe Credential qualifying you for position area
7. EL Authorization
8. NCLB compliance
9. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred (Native speaker highly desirable)
10. Candidate Professional Response Prompts (below)
Supplemental Question 1 (Not to exceed 350 words)
At San Jose Unified School District, we believe that all students deserve to be provided with a rigorous and relevant educational experience through daily systematic instruction. Please provide a detailed example of a specific lesson in which you effectively demonstrated systematic instruction and explain through clear outcomes how it supported student achievement.
Supplemental Question 2 (not to exceed 350 words)
The mission of San Jose Unified School District is to eliminate the opportunity gap and provide every student with the finest 21st Century education. In terms of the diverse range of students in SJUSD and your role as a teacher, what does equity mean to you in helping our district meet its mission for our students? Specific to the position you are applying for, what structures and practices do you employ in and out of your classroom to responsibly serve the academic needs of all learners? How do you respond positively to students' cultural and socio-emotional needs?
Thank you for applying.
- Answers to Supplemental Questions (All supplemental questions must be answered to qualify. Please attach as PDF)
- Copy of Transcript (Unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Credential Copy (Copy of current valid California Credential or proof of enrollment in CTC approved program)
- Letter(s) of Reference (From supervisors on letterhead with original signature)
- Resume (Updated and current)
- Test Results/Materials (Please attach CBEST, CSET, RICA and any other test results)