Job Description / Essential Elements:
The job of Delivery & Mail driver / Duplication Technician is done for the purpose/s of delivering mail and ordered items to and from district facilities; moving and distribution of furniture, stages, seasonal, and other items as needed; maintaining flow and movement of items in and out of the facility designated as the receiving point for district distribution; verifying freight bills; ensuring safe operation of vehicles used; loading and unloading of deliveries. Providing the timely production of printed materials on a limited basis, as necessary, for school personnel, district offices, and departments, for instruction, conferences, special events, meetings, etc.; ensuring the safe and efficient operation of limited reproduction services.
• Collects and distributes mail and other materials as necessary for the purpose of distribution according to district requirements and needs and postal regulations.
• Collects and distributes furniture, stages, seasonal and other items as necessary for the purpose of supporting facility needs, staff moves, and assistance with events.
• Collects and distributes food supplies, equipment, instructional materials and other items for the purpose of distribution to assigned facilities and / or individuals.
• Processes externally routed mail for the purpose of ensuring compliance with postal service regulations.
• Loads and unloads orders of food items, supplies, and/or equipment for the purpose of preparing orders for delivery transport.
• Maintains documentation of deliveries, routes, mileage, etc., for the purpose of providing written support and / or conveying information as necessary.
• Performs routine maintenance on vehicles used for deliveries, inclusive of inspections, fueling, fluid filling, etc., for the purpose of maintaining equipment in a safe operating condition.
• Performs routine maintenance on all other equipment used for the purposes of loading and unloading, and deliveries for the purpose of maintaining equipment in a safe operating condition.
• Provides information to director, regarding the need to order products for delivery under the district distribution program.
• Receives, distributes, delivers, and sorts internal and external mail.
• Calculates and applies postage to outgoing mail; reviews and adheres to distribution time frames and coordinates deliveries with sites, departments, and supervisor.
• Maintains flow of merchandise and district materials and goods through the facility designated as the receiving point for district distribution.
• Responds to inquiries of staff and vendors for the purpose of providing information and / or direction regarding the status of deliveries.
• Copies orders on a limited basis for the purpose of providing finished orders in a timely and organized manner.
• Cuts paper stock for the purpose of providing materials necessary for completion of print orders.
• Inspects printed jobs for the purpose of completing jobs within requested specifications, quality standards and quantity requirements.
• Provides information to supervisor for file maintenance and billing purposes.
• Orders paper supplies and sundry items for the limited printing operation, inclusive of equipment, and tools.
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment
• Operates a variety of equipment (e.g. copiers, cutter, binder, punch, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of printed materials on a limited basis as required.
• Prepares printing job/s (e.g. binding, collating, shrink-wrapping, etc.) for the purpose of packaging jobs for distribution.
• Prepares written materials to supervisor (e.g. purchase orders, memos, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
• Responds to inquiries for the purpose of providing requested information and/or referring to appropriate personnel.
• Participates in performing physical inventories as necessary.
• Places orders for delivery under the district distribution program.
• Researches discrepancies on delivery orders for the purpose of correcting errors and / or returning damaged / incorrectly delivered items to vendors, inclusive of purchase order number verification.
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment in areas used for the distribution of district supplies, equipment, and materials.
• Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in completion of their work activities.
• Attends meetings (e.g. safety, in-service, workshops, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying information.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Skills are required to perform multiple, non-technical tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include but are not limited to: adhering to safety practices; handling hazardous materials; operating equipment using the delivery and moving process; operating snow blower, van, truck, operating equipment used in printing industry; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and operating standard office equipment including utilizing pertinent software applications.
Knowledge is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and / or ratios; understanding written procedures, write routine documents, and speak clearly; solve practical problems; use a computer and related software programs operation of photocopiers and other related print shop equipment. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: safety practices and procedures.
Ability is required to schedule activities; gather and / or collate data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with date utilizing specific, defined processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with similar types of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. In working with others; problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data may require independent interpretation; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the function of the job include; adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; displaying mechanical aptitude; displaying tact and courtesy; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working with constant interruptions; frequently performing physically demanding activities.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and / or methods; providing information and / or advising others; and operating within defined budget and / or financial guidelines. Utilization of some resources from other work units may be required to perform the job’s functions.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions requires the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and / or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and / or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 40% sitting, 40% walking, and 20% standing. The job is performed under temperature variations, some hazardous conditions, and varying atmospheric conditions.
Experience: Job related experience is preferred.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.