RESPONSIBILITIES/REQUIREMENTS: Seeking a professional who possesses a Masters in Social Work or Licensed Social Worker with a Pupil Personnel Services Credential to serve as the Guidance Counselor at Millennium High School (PUSD's Alternative High School) with Social Work duties as adjunct responsibility.
COUNSELING DUTIES AT MILLENNIUM HIGH SCHOOL:
- Maintain confidential relationships with students while providing academic, personal, and crisis counseling.
- Assist Principal in master schedule.
- Provide academic guidance: scheduling, class placement, monitoring of graduation and credits.
- Hold conferences with students and/or parents to provide educational and vocational information and guidance, including present and future planning, college applications, scholarships, financial aid, CAL Grants, EOP programs, concurrent enrollment, or vocational options.
- Assume the responsibility for the interpretive evaluation and recording of students' incoming school transcripts.
- Has an understanding of student’s learning in the context of IEPs, psycho-educational assessments, different learning styles.
- Serves as 504 plan case carrier.
- Coordinate and schedule Student Study Team meeting for students.
- Meeting with groups of students and parents to discuss school graduation requirements, college or vocational planning.
- Coordinate, conduct and supervise standardized tests.
- Assist students to apply for SAT/ACT accommodations.
SOCIAL WORK DUTIES for PUSD:
- Provides social work counseling to students and parents.
- Makes referral to public or private agencies with appropriate follow-up
- Serves as a liaison between school, family and community resources
- Serves as a source of information regarding school and community resources
- Participation as a resource person in in-service training and planning
- Work with the Special Education department to coordinate services/supports for students