Job Description / Essential Elements:
Palm Springs Unified School District
A.R. # 4232.420
WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT I
The Warehouse Assistant I maintains required inventory levels; ensures specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct; verifies stock and identifying losses; maintains and organizes warehouse layout; transports orders over designated routes; ensures safe operation of vehicles; and loads and unloads orders.
• Drives vehicles (e.g. truck, van, forklift, etc.) to transport orders and materials to designated sites.
• Loads and unloads delivery trucks.
• Maintains various files and records (e.g. inventory, purchase orders, schedules, requisitions, etc.).
• Participates in physical inventories, verifying stock and identifying losses.
• Prepares orders by pulling from stock.
• Processes report requests, documents, deliveries and/or materials.
• Receives stock and non-stock items, ensures specifications, quantity and quality of orders.
• Stocks equipment and supplies.
• Unloads stock and non-stock items and distributes shipments to assigned site locations and/or individuals.
• Transports a variety of items (e.g. records/files, supplies, equipment, materials, etc.) and materials as required.
• Maintains warehouse in a clean and orderly manner (e.g. cleans, sweeps, empty trash, etc.).
• Inspects facilities and equipment.
• Assists other personnel as may be required.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Any combination of experience and training which would indicate possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above. An example of an acceptable combination is: Completion of formal or informal education sufficient to assure the ability to read and write at the level required for successful job performance and one year experience in the operation of medium and light duty trucks.
SKILLS are required to drive a district truck and operate a forklift; add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately to maintain records and inventory levels; operate a computer and use related software.
KNOWLEDGE of basic methods, practices and terminology used in warehouse operations; proper loading and unloading of trucks; shipping and receiving procedures; health and safety regulations.
ABILITY to observe legal and defensive driving practices; understand and follow oral and written directions; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; learn district locations; exercise proper judgment in loading and unloading materials; maintain work schedules without close supervision; keep accurate inventory control and shipping and receiving records; establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with staff, supervisors, vendors, administrators and the public; promote a collaborative team environment; understand and be sensitive to, and respect the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of administrators and staff; maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; frequent climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 20% sitting, 50% walking, and 30% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and a generally hazard free environment.
Education High School diploma or equivalent.
Required Testing Certificates
Job-Related Proficiency Examination Valid Driver’s License and Evidence of Insurability Forklift Operator's Certificate (Desired)
Continuing Education/Training Clearances
None Specified Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
Pre-placement Physical Exam
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between California Teamsters Public, Professional & Medical Employees Union, local 911 Maintenance & Operations Unit, and Palm Springs Unified School District.
FLSA Status Bargaining Unit Salary Range BOE Approval Date
Non Exempt Teams 1 14 1/22/08