Job Description / Essential Elements:
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of clerical duties involving typing, filing and maintaining records or reports in support of a school or District function with only occasional instructions or assistance; operates standard office machines and computers.
1. Operates a variety of office equipment, such as typewriter, calculator and copy machine and computer terminal as required.
2. Types letters, memoranda, bulletins, reports, schedules, lists, forms or other materials from straight copy or rough draft.
3. Types and performs other clerical duties for the assigned supervisor, and other staff members as directed.
4. Maintains a variety of logs, records and files related to assigned office.
5. Distributes various forms and provides information and assistance to students, parents, the public and staff regarding their completion in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Answers telephones; takes and relays messages; greets students and the public and provides routine information; directs inquiries to the appropriate person or office; makes phone calls to request, provide, or verify information as directed.
7. Maintains supply and material inventory of assigned area as required; orders, receives and distributes materials, equipment and supplies as directed.
8. Assures the timely duplication and distribution of a variety of records, reports and other materials as directed.
9. Performs clerical work such as posting records, making arithmetic computations and securing information from clearly indicated sources.
10. Schedules appointments and meetings; maintains various schedules and calendars.
11. Sorts and distributes incoming U.S. and intra-District mail.
12. Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities
1. Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
2. Record-keeping techniques.
3. Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
4. Telephone techniques and etiquette.
5. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
1. Perform a variety of clerical duties involving typing, filing, and maintaining records or reports in support of a school or District function.
2. Perform clerical duties such as filing, duplications, typing and maintaining simple records.
3. Learn and apply laws, rules, regulations involved in assigned clerical activities.
4. Make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
5. Understand and follow oral and written directions.
6. Type at 40 words net per minute from clear copy.
7. Operate a variety of office equipment including computer terminal as required.
8. Meet schedules and time lines.
9. Maintain records and prepare reports.
10. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
11. Work cooperatively with others.
12. Complete work with many interruptions.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: Graduation from high school and one year clerical experience.