Job Title: Instructional Aide
Classification: Classified Employee
Work Days per Year: 185 or the remaining school days
Hours per week: 25 Hours
Reports to: Teacher, Academic Manager and Executive Director
Pay Scale/Range: $13.01 per hour
Location/Program: NUA School Site
Summary of the Job:
Instructional Aide with NUA reports to and works with the Teacher, is supervised by the Academic Manager. Responsible for assisting Teacher(s) with the general supervision, tutoring, and management of the students, assessing students, entering information in the data base and supporting the main office with complete paperwork.
Must have a warm and friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, be able to relate well to students, and be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with NUA's program and philosophy. Must be at least 18 years old and meet the requirements required by National University Academy.
Must have a strong background in English and Mathematics and be able to support/tutor students in high school mathematics. All candidates must take a competency math exam to demonstrate knowledge of math skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· Two years of college preferred.
· Must be detailed oriented, have excellent analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to self-initiate work under minimal supervision.
· Must possess strong computer skills and be willing to learn our internal database OASIS and on-line curriculum to adequately support the students and NUA.
· Must pass a basic skills assessment if not possessing an associate’s degree or equivalent college units.
· Proficient in High School Mathematics.
· Be a mature individual.
· Understand and follow state guidelines on student confidentiality.
· Have the ability to conform to an established work schedule.
· Have effective interpersonal skills.
· Have the ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner.
· Have the ability to understand and follow instructions precisely.
· Have the ability to exercise tact, discretion and confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collaboratively work to support the vision and work of National University Academy.
· Supervise and support of all students assigned through NUA including tutoring, on-line support of independent study students working primarily through Odyssey/Compass learning.
· Assess all students, in NWEA, for appropriate placement in core classes.
· Help with general housekeeping tasks.
· Assist the Teacher(s) in other ways as requested.
· Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to NUA at all times.
· Treat all students with dignity and respect.
· Attend all staff meetings and recommended training programs and conferences.
· Help to maintain a neat and organized work environment.
· Report to the teacher any problem which may occur with the students.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): None
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Must be able to write simple correspondence.
· Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to students and staff of National University Academy.
· Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively using professional phone etiquette is required.
· Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
· The employee is required to stand and walk.
· The employee must possess the ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus which includes but not limited to computer use.