Under general direction, the School Psychologist provide services in collaboration with the general education and special education teacher and other staff in order to support and maintain the student with disabilities in the least restrictive environment with access to the District’s adopted core curriculum. The Psychologist is responsible to provide Special Education consultation, leadership and resources at the school site and district level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide ongoing educational assessment for referred students.
2. Participate as a member of the SST, IEP and/or 504 teams.
3. Provide educational and support services as outlined in the SST, IEP and/or 504 plans.
4. Serves as a case manager and consults with other community agencies.
5. Maintain student and program data as requested by the District.
6. Participate in general education and Special Education activities and in-services.
7. Design behavioral interventions, collect data and provide technical assistance.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Classroom environment and/or home/hospital instruction;
• Driving a vehicle to conduct work as assigned by the position.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate various equipment;
• Seeing to read a variety of materials;
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations;
• Sitting or standing for extended periods of time;
• Walking, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, bending over, grasping, reaching overhead, pushing, pulling and moving, lifting and/or carrying 0-50 pounds to waist height.
• Potential for contact with bodily fluids, blood-borne pathogens, and communicable diseases;
• Exposure to anti-social behavior;
• Driving a vehicle during adverse weather conditions.
Ravenswood City School District requires employees to have technology skills. E-mail, standard software usage and data entry are employment requirements. Advanced technical skills will be obtained through on-job training as needed.
The Ravenswood City School District complies with the rules and regulations contained in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title II of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 respectively. The Ravenswood City school District wishes to inform all individuals that the District does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, marital status, pregnancy, physical and mental ability, medical condition, Vietnam era veteran status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by State and/or Federal law.