COACHELLA VALLEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
COORDINATOR – FOOD SERVICES
- A. Definition:
Under general direction of the Food Services Director, assists in the coordination, supervision and implementation of all activities in the Food Services Program. To supervise Food Servicing accounting and provide direction, technical expertise, training and motivation to assigned staff in all aspects of their employment; to do other related work as required.
- B. Supervision Received: Director of Food Services
- C. Supervision Exercised: Office Staff and Cafeteria Staff
- D. Prime Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1. Provide technical assistance to school managers and staff to implement program goals and objectives.
- 2. Assists with the selection/training/evaluation of cafeteria managers and food services personnel.
- 3. Conducts on-site visitations and monitors daily reports for completeness and compliance with the National School Lunch Program, School Breakfast Program, Child Care Program, After School Program and Summer School Program requirements.
- 4. Places food orders as needed and assists the Food Services Director in compiling data for reports.
- 5. Assists with State/Federal and private audits and reviews on behalf of Food Services.
- 6. Writes reports, contract and recertification of agreements for all programs pertaining to the Food Services Department.
- 7. Assists in the menu planning and the development of menu production sheets.
- 8. Makes recommendations for improvement and change in all Food Services Programs and activities.
- 9. Coordinates nutrition education and community outreach programs with site administrators, staff and parents.
10. Develops and implements financial controls, audit procedures and special studies as required.
11. Develops and implements accounting software and Food Services software as needed
12. Works independently, needing little direction.
- E. Required Qualifications:
- 1. Must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a related field.
Must have a combination of demonstrated education (such as college courses and/or training in child nutrition, menu planning, safety and sanitation), experience and training considered by the Administration and Governing Board to perform successfully in this position.
- 2. A minimum of two years in a supervisory position, preferably in a school district setting.
- 3. Food service production experience of 2-5 years in an institution setting.
- 4. Certified Sanitation Trainer/instructor OR must qualify within 6 months of employment.
JOB DESCRIPTION: COORDINATOR – FOOD SERVICES
- F. Desired Qualifications:
- 1. Knowledge of:
- a. Financial management of school food services operations.
- b. Knowledge of school district budgets, charts of accounts, payments, receivables, cash flow, and trial balances.
- c. Child nutrition services programs, procedures and methods.
- d. Federal, State and local rules and regulations.
- e. Principals of supervision and evaluations.
- f. Principals of nutrition and menu planning.
- 2. Ability to:
- a. Plan, organize and manage a school district food services program under the direction of the Food Services Director.
- b. Communicate effectively and maintain cooperative working relations.
- c. Train adults and students.
- d. Operate standard kitchen equipment and appliances skillfully and efficiently.
- e. Keep cost accounting and order records.
- f. Fill out commodity offerings and other government forms.
- g. Operate a computer with knowledge of Windows, Internet operations, and POS and Student Management System.
- G. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds individually or with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- H. Service Requirement:
Range 17 (12 months) Management & Confidential Salary Schedule