JOB TITLE: Child Nutrition Services Assistant/Cashier
Job Purpose Statement/s: The job of “Child Nutrition Services Assistant/Cashier” is done for the purpose/s of assisting in the preparation, cooking, baking, distribution and service of food to customers in a professional and courteous manner; verifying quantities of stock items and food served; collecting funds for food served; maintaining facilities in a safe and sanitary condition.
Essential Job Functions:
* Prepares food and beverage items for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional requirements and projected meal requirements.
* Interacts with large numbers of students and other customers in a professional and courteous manner for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the type and/or cost of meals.
* Operates food service equipment for the purpose of providing food service items.
* Counts required food and supplies for the purpose of meeting projected meal requirements and minimizing waste.
* Cleans and stores equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining sanitary and secure conditions.
* Inspects food and supplies for the purpose of ensuring correct specification, quantity, and quality.
* Stocks food and supplies for the purpose of maintaining adequate quantities and security of items.
* Performs cashier duties for the purpose of recording food service transactions.
* Transports food and supplies to other sites for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional requirements and projected meal requirements.
* Arranges and sets up food and supplies for serving food service items for the purpose of maintaining adequate supply of food service items for sale to students, staff, and the public.
* Prepares documentation for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
* Maintains facilities for the purpose of providing safe and sanitary conditions.
Other Job Functions:
* Participates in various activities (e.g. meetings, training, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying information.
Essential Job Requirements - Qualifications:
* Experience Required:
Training and experience, none. Prior job related experience in food preparation and cashiering preferred.
* Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
Skill to prepare, cook and bake in large quantities; communicate effectively, establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, students, parents and school administrators.
Knowledge of the operation and care of food service equipment.
Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions; perform basic mathematical calculations, work independently, make common sense decisions in routine and critical situations; attain knowledge of health and safety codes and sanitary principles; work rapidly with frequent interruptions in a noisy and hectic environment with specified time limits; make accurate change. Physical abilities include reaching/handling, lifting/pulling/pushing, and standing for long periods of time, talking/hearing conversations, and other sounds, near/far visual acuity/depth perception/visual accommodation/field of vision.
* Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required:
Class C California Driver's License, Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance, Health Physical Examinations/Clearance, Tuberculosis Testing/Clearance, San Diego County Food Handlers Card, DMV Printout (H-6).