MORENO VALLEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
Vacancy: Boys Track Assistant Coach
Location: Moreno Valley High School
Stipend: $2,310.00 per School Year
Status: In District and Outside
Closing Date: February 13, 2013
NOTE: First consideration given to qualified certificated employees of the District
Edjoin will not accept your coaching application without these attachments:
- ASEP OR NFHS Certificate (www.ASEP.com or www.NFHSlean.com)
- Current First Aid and CPR Cards
- Copy of results of TB or Chest X-ray done within the last 3 years
- OPTIONAL ATTACHMENTS:
a. Valid CA teaching Credential
b. Activity Supervisor Clearance Certificate.
This certificate is REQUIRED for all WALK-ON COACHES
after offered a coaching position and prior to hire.
- At least two (2) years of recent (within the last five years) experience coaching or participation at high school level or above in the sport for which you apply.
- Valid California Driver’s License
- A Work schedule flexible enough to attend practices and games.
- Attach the Certificate of Completion for the educational components required by CIF to the Ed Join application. See www.asep.com or www.nfhslearn.com
- Attach current First Aid and CPR certificates to the Ed Join application.
- Attach TB or Chest X-ray results done within the last 3 years to the Ed Join application.
- Valid California Teaching Credential to the Ed Join application OR
- Coaches without CA Teaching Credential are required to have the Activity Supervisor Clearance Certificate. This certificate must be turned in to Human Resources after you are offered a position and prior to being hired. Apply on-line www.ctc.ca.gov AFTER YOU ARE OFFERED THE POSITION.
- Experience working with students of divergent ethnic and social backgrounds.
- Thorough knowledge of sport and CIF regulations.
- Skills necessary to teach basic techniques.
- Possession of a valid California teaching credential.
Prior to employment, non-district applicants are subject to a fingerprint clearance, under direction of Human Resources. Authorization of employment will not be granted until the fingerprint clearance from DOJ and FBI has been accepted. This process takes approximately seven (7) work days.
TB Skin Test
State law requires school districts to certify that school employees, including athletic coaches, are free from tuberculosis. Prior to employment, non-district applicants must submit certification from a licensed physician of a negative TB skin test or Chest X-ray. If you do not have current TB certification, ask the Human Resources Receptionist for a voucher to US Healthworks.