POSITION REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. It is understood that the duration of this Trainee position will be the mandatory forty hours required by law. However, at the discretion of the Director of Transportation, that duration may be extended depending on the ability of the trainee to qualify for and obtain the appropriate license(s).
2. The maximum hours of training per day shall not exceed 3.5 hours.
3. The pay for this position is at 19/A on the Classified Salary Schedule.
4. The hours/days of assigned training shall be scheduled by the Director of Transportation or Supervisor.
5. As soon as the Trainees obtain the required license(s) his/her pay shall be increased to 29/A on the Classified Salary Schedule.
6. It is understood that employees assigned to this classification shall be required to serve a probationary period of 6 months once they are assigned to a regular bus driver position.
7. It is understood that the District may solicit applicants for a Trainee position and pay them the appropriate salary as listed above without their being any available permanent position. Said Trainees shall be offered, in order of completion of required license(s), the next available permanent Bus Driver position(s).
8. To be over twenty-one years of age.