Under supervision, performs a variety of skilled gardening work.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plants and cares for lawns, shrubs, trees and flowers.
- Mixes and applies insecticides, fungicides and sprays.
- Prunes shrubs and propagates plants.
- Installs and repairs sprinkler systems, and performs other plumbing and carpentry related to grounds maintenance.
- Drags and marks athletic fields.
- Maintains and repairs tools and equipment.
- Operates power mowers and other power tools.
- Repairs turf.
- Performs all other duties assigned by supervisor.
Daily contacts with other maintenance workers. Frequent contacts with Principals and other school personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. One year of full time experience as a gardener in maintenance of large areas with a variety of plantings or the equivalent.
2. Knowledge of lawn and shrub care and safety practices.
3. Must possess a valid Class I California driver’s license.
4. Ability to read sprinkler and water system plans, use power tools, follow written instructions, and fill out reports.
PHYSICAL EFFORT/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Heavy physical labor in an outdoor environment.
COMPENSATION: $2814.00 - $3596.00 per month for 12 months; District paid medical, dental and vision, plus 14 holidays and 10 vacation days for the first 3 years of service.
UNION: Employees are members of the Service Workers Local #715 Union.
PERIOD OF APPLICATION: District employees should send a letter of transfer or interest to the Campbell Union High School District Personnel Office. Deadline for in-house applications is at 5 pm, Tuesday, February 22