Education: High School graduate or equivalent. College level training is desirable and incumbent employees are expected to avail themselves of specialized adult school or college courses in this field, as prescribed by district policy.
Experience: Some demonstrated experience in public contact work, preferably with teenagers.
Abilities / Skills / Knowledge: Knowledge of school objectives, teenage behavior and variations, campus rules and regulations. Ability to maintain pleasant relationships with students, teachers and the public; spot potential problems, patrol buildings, campus and nearby facilities in an unpretentious manner. Possess maturity, objectivity, and a pleasant but firm personality.
1. Monitors parking lots and general campus areas on foot, overseeing cafeteria and lunch areas, checking restrooms and hallways for the purpose of ensuring student safety and welfare.
2. Monitors public and private properties near campus for the purpose of preventing loitering, littering or disturbances.
3. Reports on smoking, graffiti, or damage to buildings or campus facilities for the purpose of communicating information to administration.
4. Monitors athletic events and student gatherings and prevents unauthorized leaving of the campus by checking ID’s for the purpose of ensuring student safety and welfare.
5. Maintains friendly relations with students and assists students, teachers, staff and nurse for the purpose of monitoring cordial relationships.
6. Attempts to prevent or break-up fights and disturbances for the purpose of ensuring student safety.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.