• Cleans facilities, grounds, and classrooms for the purpose of maintaining a safe and sanitary environment.
• Secures facilities for the purpose of minimizing property damage, loss and liability exposure.
• Informs pupils, staff, and supervisor for the purpose of providing information regarding activities, requested information, safety and/or proper maintenance of facilities.
• Assembles and does light repairs of furniture and equipment for the purpose of ensuring usability of items.
• Participates in thorough cleaning of school plant and facilities during summer vacation and other recesses.
• Arranges furnishings and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate arrangements for meetings, classroom activities and events.
• Assists school personnel with heavy objects.
• Maintains cooperative and effective working relationship with teachers, staff and students.
Education and Experience: Graduation from high school or equivalent. Prior job related experience in a school or institutional setting with a good work history with demonstrated reliability and responsibility.
Abilities / Skills / Knowledge: Skills of maintaining safe work practices; use of cleaning agents; supplies and equipment; calculating accurate dilution of cleaning agents. Knowledge of methods and use of cleaning materials, equipment and supplies. Ability to follow oral and written instructions; work independently and with minimal supervision; perform a variety of tasks; adjust to flexible assignments often with short notice; and communicate with students, staff and the public. Significant physical abilities include standing for extended periods, lifting /carrying/pushing/pulling/stooping/reaching/handling, and near and far visual acuity/depth perception.
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: Valid driver’s license and evidence of insurability, TB Test clearance, Criminal Justice Fingerprint clearance.