Job Description / Essential Elements:
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – SCHOOL SITES
DEFINITIONS: Under general supervision of the site administrator(s).
Performs varied and increasingly responsible secretarial and receptionist responsibilities and related duties as required.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
1. Receives staff, students, parents and public. Promotes a receptive, friendly, out-going atmosphere in the site office.
2. Maintains heavy phone responsibilities including discussions with callers to furnish requested information, takes messages and arranges appointments.
3. Operates a variety of automated office machines including computers (using current software), printers, copiers, calculators, typewriters, recorders and others.
4. Attends to a variety of secretarial details for principal/administrator including coordinating and setting up meetings, relaying pertinent information form community, staff and district personnel, typing correspondence and other documents, opening and screening mail, maintaining files of confidential materials, making appointments, processing time sheets of substitutes, typing and distributing evaluations.
5. Prepares and updates schedules, calendars and lists.
6. Interprets district and school rules and regulations.
7. Works as a liaison among administrative staff, teachers, district
personnel, adult organizations, outside agencies and students.
8. Maintains student records, including testing information, attendance program and notices of student absences and tardies.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from high school and evidence of current knowledge of computers, current software, and other office equipment. Additional education a plus.
A minimum of two years experience with increasingly responsible secretarial work.
Experience in working with young people.
Possess a current First Aid Certificate.
Perform secretarial work and computer processing of above average difficulty with speed and accuracy.
Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted.
Communicate well verbally and in writing; understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
Exercise considerable diplomacy and judgment in all contacts.
Track school expenditures, and supplies.
Analyze situations and adopt a course of action consistent with school and district policies when the supervisor is not available.
Simultaneously handle multiple ongoing projects and tasks.
Relieve administrator from a variety of administrative office details.
Be flexible and delegate tasks as necessary.
Problem solver under pressure.
THE SAN RAFAEL HIGH SCHOOL AND ELEMENTARY DISTRICTS are equal opportunity employers; all stages of the application, interview and hiring process are governed by policies which actively and affirmatively ensure equality of opportunity to all persons regardless of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.