Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Receives, audits and processes invoices for payment for all funds.
2. Generates warrant registers on the district's computer and prepares for submission to County School Claims.
3. Records payment on permanent file copy of purchase orders.
4. Maintains record of tax paid on out-of-state purchases and prepares Board of Equalization Tax reports.
5. Prepares Board report on purchase orders and warrant registers.
6. Maintains permanent file of purchase orders and paid invoices as required by Title V and Education Code.
7. Maintains records of all approved contracts and ensures timely payments.
8. Follows up on outstanding purchase orders with Purchasing Manager.
9. Observes all local, state and federal laws, county and district policies and rules and regulations related to accounts payable.
10. Develops procedures for use of microcomputer and other computer-based tools.
11. Monitors credit memos and returns merchandise receipts and deducts credit amount from payment or writes vendor for refund.
12. Prepares letters regarding backorders, outstanding purchase orders and invoices not received at year-end.
13. Performs statistical analysis as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent and knowledge of general office procedures including typing.
Experience: Three years of increasingly responsible experience in office clerical work involving responsible account, financial or statistical records maintenance including typing and computer data entry.
Knowledge and/or Abilities Required: Follow general and technical written and oral instructions and make basic arithmetic computations with training or experience in computer technology including, but not limited to, preparing a financial analysis using an electronic spreadsheet and using other computer-based tools. Ability to operate 10-key calculator
Skills: Typing: 45 wpm - Typing Certificate Required and must be attached to application and submitted by closing date. Typing certificate must be dated within 1 year of submittal.