Academic Supervisors must meet the following requirements:
· NCLB compliant: AA Degree, or Transcripts showing 48 college/university credits, or NCLB Certificate
· CPR/First Aide certification REQUIRED.
· Persons applying as Academic/Recreational Supervisors must speak fluent English. During the academic session you are required to teach an academic class and support students on homework assignments in the following content areas: Reading, Writing, Fluency, Math, Science, and History. The ASES program will coach you on those activities if you are selected. The other session of the program is recreational which includes sports and the arts. You need to have minimum of 3 skills in the areas listed below.
· Science: Teach students through inquiry about the solar system
· Musical Theatre: Organize a musical production with students through singing, dancing, and acting
· Music: Teach students how to play musical instruments (drums & recorders)
· Arts/Crafts: Teach students how to create art using watercolor, paint-brushing, and sketching. Teach
students how to scrapbook, knit, sew, or crochet.
· Technology: Teach students how to do power points, movie-making, typing, and word processing
· Drill/Cheer: Choreograph drill routines and cheers
· Dance: Teach students Zumba, Hip-Hop, Hawaiian, or Baile Folklorico dances
· Cooking: Teach simple cooking recipes
· Other: Fashion and make-up application
· For P.E. component: Supervisors must be able to teach nutrition lessons provided to them. Supervisors must also be able to lead students through different fitness activities to meet the 30 minute P.E. requirement.