POSITION TITLE: Purchasing Clerk
Job Purpose Statement/s: The job of "Purchasing Clerk" is done for the purpose/s of acquiring the necessary resources to support District operations; assuring that District revenue is accurately and effectively utilized; providing instruction and guidance on order processing; ensuring an audit trail and reference documentation of purchases; and ensuring compliance with related bidding regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
* Assists other personnel and vendors for the purpose of providing instruction and guidance on order processing.
* Processes and amends requisitions and stores for the purpose of ensuring proper use of district funds in the acquisition of supplies, equipment and services.
* Processes documents (e.g. P.O.s, equipment repair orders, credit memos, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the acquisition of supplies, equipment and services.
* Prepares documentation (e.g. bid documents, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
* Maintains various files and records for the purpose of providing an up to date reference and audit trail.
* Researches and provides information on product quality and construction to District users in person and by telephone for the purpose of assisting staff in selecting appropriate products.
* Maintains inventory of office supplies and forms for the purpose of ensuring availability of required items for department use.
Other Job Functions:
* Attends various meetings (e.g. district, site, county, etc.) for the purpose of communicating and/or gathering information.
Job Requirements - Qualifications:
* Experience Required:
Prior job related experience in a public agency or related field.
* Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
* Skill to operate standard office equipment including the use of basic computer applications, use the keyboard quickly and accurately, use English in both written and verbal form, use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation, perform basic arithmetic calculations. Communicate effectively, establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, students, school administrators, the community, and vendors.
* Knowledge of basic office practices and procedures.
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods, accurately maintain records, perform multiple tasks simultaneously. Understand and carry out written and oral instructions, make common sense decisions in routine and critical situations. Significant physical abilities include reaching/handling/fingering, talking/hearing conversations, near visual acuity.
* Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required:
Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance, Health Physical Examination, Tuberculosis Testing/Clearance.