Responsible for overall operations of the school site. Upholds the mission and values established by Aspire Public Schools. Reports to Principal. Works closely with all levels within school and home office as well as with children, parents and outside consultants/vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide administrative support for the Office Manager and Principal, to include managing correspondence, scheduling meetings, ordering supplies, and developing necessary communications internally and externally.
2. Create school newsletter.
3. Assist as necessary with attendance.
4. Handle lunch program accounting.
5. Manage substitute teacher process (search, hire, paperwork, etc.).
6. Manage confidential information appropriately.
7. Back up Office Manager in attending to students’ medical needs.
8. Assist with student support in general.
9. Handle travel schedules and juggle multiple tasks and priorities.
10. Attend monthly and/or bi-monthly Office Manager meetings, as well as other Aspire-wide Office Manager professional development sessions.
11. Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, Aspire Public Schools mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
12. Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
-Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
-Strong interpersonal and communication skills
-Experience in office management capacity
-Ability to work independently as well as with a team
-Professional appearance and manner
-Computer and Internet search skills
2) Minimum educational level:
-A.A. Degree or equivalent work experience
3) Experience required:
-3 plus years in fast-paced, ever changing administrative support position; experience in school front office preferable
-Proficiency with Microsoft Office