Muir HS is seeking a qualified applicant to fill the position of Head Varsity Football Coach. The coach will work under the direct supervision of the Athletic Director and the general supervision of the Principal and is expected to provide the necessary leadership and to plan, organize, and be responsible for a comprehensive interscholastic football program, and to carry out the objectives of the school athletic program. The coach is also responsible for the development and maintenance of the Junior Varsity program and is expected to maintain effective communication with athletes, school administration, staff, students, parents and the community.
• Must have successfully coached football at the high school or collegiate level within the last four years. College coaching/playing experience and head varsity football coaching experience are highly desirable.
• Experience formulating and operating a fiscally sound budget including fundraising activities.
• Have knowledge of current techniques and methods of coaching the sport.
• Ability to implement appropriate out of season activities for the sport.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate young athletes to achieve academic and athletic performance.
Certification: CPR/First Aid Certification is required
Clearance: Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance; tuberculosis clearance is required
Please attach a copy of your current Resume.