Position Title: Pre-School Director Hours: Full time
Supervised by: Principal FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: The pre-school director must have a passion for the mission of Catholic education. The pre-school director will build and maintain a Christ-centered program that develops the whole child, builds self-esteem, fosters learning through play and academics, develops an attitude of service, and sparks imagination for learning. This position offers the unique opportunity to work with the pastor and principal in establishing the preschool; applying for licensing; establishing a mission and philosophy; creating the preschool environment; designing curriculum; enrolling students etc.
Education & Experience:
- Must have at least 12 postsecondary semester units in early childhood education from an accredited college or university. The units specified must cover child growth and development, child, family and community and program/curriculum units, 4 years teaching experience in a supervised Child Care center, and 3 or more units in Administration or Staff Relations.
- AA degree in Child development, 3 units in Administration or Staff relations, 2 years teaching experience
- BA degree in Child development, 3 units in Administration or Staff relations, 1 year teaching experience
- Child Development Site Supervisor Permit or Program Director Permit
- CPR/FIRST AID certificate and successful completion of a 15hour Health and Safety course
- TB test must be completed prior to employment
- Background clearance by LIVESCAN prior to reporting for work and a signed statement regarding criminal conviction is required
Laws & Licensing
- Assures compliance with State Licensing Child Care regulations including completing appropriate paperwork for initial licensing
- Assure compliance with applicable state and county codes and regulations
- Oversees all management of the pre-school
- Supervises and directs activities of preschool staff to ensure conformity with governmental law.
- Plan and implement a safety program for the preschool, keep informed of the preschool's legal responsibilities and liabilities.
- Prepares annual budget and perform within the budget