The minimum qualifications for an Assistant Center Director in an Extended Child Care center are outlined in Title 22 of the California State Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing regulations and Title 5 Education Code.
• A minimum of 12 Child Development (ECE) units,
• Qualifying candidate for Children’s Center Associate Teacher Permit,
• Additional 3 units of ECE Administration.
• Three additional ECE Administration units should be completed within a year.
• Preferred 2 units of adult supervision
• Passed medical, TB, and fingerprint clearances.
• Provide proof of immunized against influenza, pertussis, and measles prior to employment.
• Completed CPR, First Aid, and Health & Safety training.
• The ability to visually supervise children and staff, unaided by other staff.
• The ability to physically help an injured child, in danger or in distress. Must be able to run and move quickly to help children.
• Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.