THIS POSITION IS LISTED AS OPEN UNTIL FILLED. THE FIRST SCREENING REVIEW DATE IS TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2018. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION AND FEEL YOU QUALIFY, APPLY IMMEDIATELY AS THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE ANY TIME AFTER THE FIRST SCREENING REVIEW DATE.
THE POSITION: Perform duties and fulfill responsibilities of Associate Superintendent of Business Services; oversee and support division chiefs responsible for the areas of ACOE and school district finance, information technology, and facilities operations; assume responsibility for the operation of the Alameda County Superintendent of Schools Office in the absence of the Superintendent or as directed. Directly responsible to the County Superintendent of Schools.
• Provide management and leadership skills to ensure a high level of service designed to meet the needs of the districts of Alameda County.
• Provide leadership and support for school district boards of education, superintendents and staff.
• Responsible for AB1200 monitoring and reporting requirements for all County school districts, regional occupational programs (ROPs), and charter schools.
• Establish and maintain a network among all agencies that will make the ACOE an integral part of key Federal, State, County and School District operations.
• Oversee the planning, development, direction and implementation of activities and operations regarding the ACOE budget, accounting, data processing, auditing, purchasing, financial systems and related matters.
• Experience: Administrative and/or supervisory experience. Fiscal and operational management experience (at the executive level) in an educational setting; district office experience preferred. Experience as a presenter and ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
• Education: Minimum Bachelor's Degree, advanced degree preferred.
• Certificates: A valid California driver's license.
• Experience:Previous experience in a county office of education.
• Education:The possession of a valid elementary administrative credential and a valid secondary administrative credential, or the possession of a valid general administrative credential.
LOCATION: Alameda County Office of Education, 313 West Winton, Hayward, CA
APPLICATION SCREENING & EXAMINATION PROCESS:
A review of the candidates’ applications and attachments to verify possession of minimum qualifications. Those candidates who possess the minimum qualifications for the classification will move on to the next step in the examination process. Those invited to participate will be notified via email of the date, time, and place of the examinations. We reserve the right to make changes to the announced examination components.
• Application and Resume Appraisal..........PASS/FAIL
• Supplemental Question Screening Review by Committee
• Technical Oral Interview*..........Weighted 100% (TBD ,details will be sent via email)
• Stakeholder Interview
*YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHMENT FOR SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND ATTACH YOUR ANSWERS TO THE APPLICATION. THE ATTACHMENT IS ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS JOB POSTING LISTED UNDER "LINKS RELATED TO THIS JOB"
*Candidate must attain a minimum score of 70% on all scored examinations.
- Answers to Supplemental Questions (Write a statement of what you believe should be the top priorities for this position)
- Certificate Copy (Copies of valid certificates or credentials (if applicable))
- Copy of Transcript (Bachelor's Degree or Higher Education)
- Letter of Introduction (A personal letter of interest stating reasons for your interest in this position and agency)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (Current professional letters of recommendation)
- Resume (Include employment and education background)