- Valid Class C California driver's license**
- Intermediate Post Certificate issued by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training*
- Current American Red Cross First Aid Certificate or an acceptable equivalent *
- Current American Red Cross C.P.R. Certificate or an acceptable equivalent **
*Employees in this classification are responsible for renewing the documents listed to ensure their validity
throughout employment in this classification.
** Submitted upon offer of employment.
- Standard Agility Test.
- Pre-employment interview.
- Standard Psychiatric Evaluation.
- Comprehensive background investigation POST.
- Medical examination/drug screening.
- Polygraph examination may be required.
- Citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible and has applied for citizenship.
Online Application Attachments – Required:
Interested applicants are required to submit an EDJOIN online application - www.edjoin.org and the following
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resumé
- Three (3) current, dated and signed letters of professional reference(not older than one year)
- Copy of Transcripts verifying 45 semester units in police science, law enforcement, administration of justice,
training, business, public administration, or a closely related field.
- Copy of Bachelor’s degree (if applicable)
- Copy of Post Certification
- Copy of First Aid and CPR
NOTE: Application packet must be complete at time of submission on Edjoin.
- Employment in this position is contingent upon all pre-employment clearances: Board Approval,
Negative Tuberculosis Test, and any license/certification required by this job description.
- This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies