Eligible candidates must meet the following requirements for participation:
1) Current, permanent, certificated, non-management employee in the Newport–Mesa Unified School District
2) Minimum three (3) years of classroom experience
3) Evidence of leadership capacity
4) Ability to establish and maintain effective, collaborative relationships
5) Communicate openly and work productively with a community of diverse opinions and ideas
6) Possession of cross-cultural, bilingual skills
7) Knowledge of California Content Standards and Curriculum Frameworks along with instructional methods of a comprehensive school including knowledge of ways to use technology to support instruction and other functions throughout the school
8) Understanding of learning theory and techniques of instruction
9) Knowledge of California Standards for the Teaching Profession
10) Administrative Services Credential preferred
A limited number of applicants, who best meet the requirements of the position, as evidenced on their applications, will be selected for the program based upon:
1) The candidate's possession of the qualifications and considerations.
2) The endorsement of the candidate by previous supervisors, colleagues, etc.
3) The endorsement of the candidate by the individuals involved in the selection process.